Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Location! Location!

One of the great things about being an actor/dancer and casual events/promo worker is that I get to work in lots of fun locations!  For years I used to avoid crowds and festivals, but now I can't seem to avoid them.. lol

Today I got to work on an independent web-series production that was filmed in the basement of an upmarket restaurant in Woolloongabba.. one of those hidden gems that you wouldn't know about if you hadn't been there.  With an impressive wine collection, chandeliers, and rustic style furniture, you could easily have felt like you were about to have dinner in someone's lavish vintage home.  But don't take my word for it - here's a photo I took whilst the film crew were setting up:


Last week I got to work on a corporate film in a bar, playing waitress which was also good fun, and got to make use more of my bar & waitress skills working at the Sofitel one evening helping out at a corporate function for 500 people!  My left arm didn't quite make the evening, and was quite dead the next day whilst working at a promotion for Olive Grove - but I managed to survive!  Now I just need to go back to the gym and work those arms to make them stronger!!

I have had a few auditions here and there as well - they are a bit like job interviews, so you can't get your hopes up otherwise you just keep getting disappointed with rejections.  You just need to turn up, do your best, and then move on to the next one.  Then one day, out of the blue, a phone call or email will be received and celebrations can be had!  But I'm not celebrating anything yet.. all the work I've been doing is short term casual work.  So far it has been picking up though, and each gig is different which keeps things interesting.  My next gig will be working at the Ekka - something I always thought will be fun to do.. so I'll keep you posted on that!

No comments:

Post a Comment